|Electrical sensitivity is classified as an environmental illness as it occurs because of exposure to environmental toxins. In this case the environmental toxin is electromagnetic radiation. Other environmental illnesses are chemical sensitivity, Sick Building Syndrome and a new one, Gulf War Syndrome.
People who suffer from electrical sensitivity will notice their symptoms intensify near electromagnetic radiation sources such as electrical power lines of any description; fluorescent light fixtures; small and major appliances; wireless computer equipment; and wireless communication devices such as cell phones and cordless phones. Entire areas may trigger symptoms such as kitchens, offices located next to electrical rooms, shopping malls, casinos and workplaces with high ambient levels of electromagnetic radiation.
Symptoms of electrical sensitivity may include headaches, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, memory loss, irritability, depression, anxiety, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, flu-like symptoms, feelings of unwellness and others. In many cases the symptoms are very uncomfortable or debilitating. The situation becomes difficult when family, friends or coworkers fail to understand the condition and lack compassion with their comments and actions.
The reactions of sufferers may be mild or severe depending on the severity of the sensitivity as well as the individual's body type and duration, consistency and frequency of the electromagnetic radiation. Individual sufferers may react to certain frequencies of electromagnetic radiation as a result of the toxic chemicals and heavy metals that they carry in their bodies. Mainstream medical science in general does not recognize electrical sensitivity as a medical condition. Family doctors may react with a battery of tests and failing any conclusive result, will refer the patient for psychiatric evaluation. This treatment must be ignored as there are now knowledgeable medical doctors and clinics that are successfully treating this sensitivity as the environmental illness that it is.
Electrical sensitivity can be healed or overcome with a comprehensive program of:
reducing exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
having the home evaluated for elevated levels of electromagnetic radiation.
correcting disturbed energy flows in the body.
using personal protection devices that work for the individual.
maintaining a healthy diet with good quality foods.
establishing a detoxifying program to eliminate toxic chemicals and heavy metals from the body.
taking vitamins and supplements to boost the immune and nervous systems of the body.